Tips for Driving Traffic to Your Insurance Agent Website
‘Now that I have a website, how do I get people to visit it?’ This question plagues everyone who takes the time to build a website for their business. And while the Google gods offer plenty of advice to website creators in general, independent agents who specialize in selling Medicare insurance can benefit from guidance tailored for their specific situation. With that end in mind, let’s explore some effective ways your insurance website can gain traction.
Essentially, there are two approaches that can drive visits to a website. The “paid” approach involves paying money to people or organizations for directing visitors to your webpage. The “organic” approach drives traffic to your website through social interactions and well-executed marketing communications – this approach relies on the free, organic growth that you create yourself.
Tips for growing your website organically:
• Send an email announcement to everyone you know including your current Book of Business.
• Include your website address in your email signature.
• Announce your website launch on any and all active social media profiles and include the website address in the Basic Info sections of these accounts.
• Include a blog on your website, consistently write new content, and use this content to cross-promote your website across various online channels and within your personal network.
• Register your business with Google Maps – this not only helps new people in the area find you and your services, but it also helps with guiding traffic to your website.
• Participate in group discussions on LinkedIn and other online forums, establish yourself as an expert in Medicare insurance, and provide your contact info (including your website) when the opportunity presents itself.
The most traditional paid method for getting website visitors is Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, which relies on paying to have your website listed at or near the top of search engine results. This method is almost completely ineffective. Here’s why: major insurance carriers, large multi-state insurance companies and national call centers pay literally hundreds of millions of dollars each year on SEO centered around Medicare-related terms. The solo independent insurance agent is then quickly eliminated from competing for top spots. For independent agents who want to fast-track increased traffic to their website utilizing the paid approach, we recommend testing the waters with Facebook advertising. The Facebook ad platform has impressive targeting capabilities, meaning your ad will only be served to the people you want to see it based on the pre-set parameters you specify. And, considering a Facebook ad campaign can run on a minimum budget of $5 a day, these ads are relatively cost effective and can be created in a way that leads a visitor to your website with every click.
At the end of the day, generating website traffic is similar to other endeavors in that it takes time and dedication. Once the heavy lifting of actually creating the website is done, however, incorporating these tips for organic growth and even experimenting with paid traffic can go a long way to increasing visitors… and your bottom line.
As a National Marketing Organization that works with thousands of independent agents, we understand you must generate new leads in order to grow your business. That’s why we work diligently to provide the resources necessary for successful marketing. If this information is valuable and you want to know more about the services we provide our Medicare agent partners, please contact us at email@example.com or 888-745-2320.